Directions to Chestnut Gardens, 12.2 km - about 16 mins, from Beechworth.
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Camp Street (from Albury) or take the 3rd exit onto Camp Street (from Melbourne).
- Continue for about 1 min.
- Turn left onto Hodge Street / Stanley Road, continue for about 11 mins.
- Arriving at Stanley you will come to a fork in the road; follow this to the left (Mount Stanley Road) for about 2 mins.
- Stop at number 104 (on the right).
You will be welcomed by an impressive vegetable garden and if you're lucky two furry friends, two inquisitive peacocks and one of the oldest Chestnut trees around.
This is where you... Stop... Look around... Listen to the stillness of Stanley, take a deep breath and enjoy the beauty and serenity known as Chestnut Gardens!
View Larger Map